We love finding fun, flirty and creative ways to use feathers like this step-by-step tutorial on how to make your own Marabou Feather Embellished Clutch! Here they use a Stenciled Ostrich & Marabou boa which is available at The Feather Place.
DIY Marabou Feather Clutch
*old clutch-style purse
*marabou boa (Get your boa at www.featherplace.com)
1. Lay your clutch flat and visually estimate how far apart the pieces of your boa need to be to get the kind of coverage you want.
2. Spread the tacky glue in vertical lines down the front of your clutch, and across the top below the clasp.
3. Starting from one side, lay one end of the boa onto the glue at the bottom of the clutch.
4. Fold the boa piece over at the top of the clutch, and then loop it down towards the bottom. Snip at the bottom of the clutch.
5. Repeat for all the lines of glue until the front of your clutch is completely covered. Allow to dry and then trim the ends so they’re all one length.
Pretty easy, right? To cover both the front AND the back using this method, you’ll probably need two boas. And you could use any type of feathers that suit your fancy…they don’t have to be marabou, and they don’t have to be in boa-form, either.